(This was one of those 'rant' posts. Some of these are still unexplained today.)
In case anyone is wondering, S.I.N.E. stands for [Stuff] I Need Explained. There are only 10 of these, as they're more in-depth. To the boogie.....
1. How is it that (so many) women use what men have as a prerequisite to spend time together and use what they have themselves as a barrier to that same thing? There's just something contradictory about that. "You have to have X, Y, Z"..."I have X, Y so I'm too good for you"...as many of you know or can surmise, stuff like this is one of the main reasons I have no desire to date again - and won't anytime soon.
2. Why do folk who had nothing to do with my birth swear they have some type of personal investment in what I do with my life? I'm not being publicly traded, to the best of my knowledge. If you're not necessary and your advice is not requested, don't be negative - all I'm saying.
3. Why is my next-door neighbor's house - the entire house - the color of a lime green Crayola crayon? I [kid] you not: I'd take a picture if I felt it was worth the effort. I think the homeowners' association should have met just like the one in Lauderhill did when the Que painted his house purple and gold.
4. When did my parents become such big Joel Osteen fans? Now, I have no problem with Osteen: 1) anyone who feels anointed should explore that to their fullest capability, and 2) I actually like his delivery and appreciate the difference between his message - technically speaking - and that of many others of his ilk. That said, my parents hardly do anything together. There they were watching Osteen's service this morning...and both of them have made separate requests that I watch too.
5. Why did my ex send my mother a Mother's Day text last week? I can understand us having mutual friends and whatnot, but my family is my family. Period.
6. How can anyone say the NBA isn't a straight conspiracy when we see Kobe vs. LeBron commercials during the second round of the playoffs? Everyone knows, but making it that obvious insults our intelligence. Say what you want, but WWE is no more scripted than the NBA.
7. Memorial Day weekend...I'm from here, and I've been here during the weekend before. What is the big deal? I know/knew about BCR, Freaknik, Kappa (later Texas) Beach Party, Essence, Greekfest, and many other events. I understand those fully. Memorial Day, I'm just lost. Speaking of which, I really didn't need to see a Jeezy commercial at 5 AM.
8. How is a comedian - on his third marriage - the world's biggest love expert? I'm just saying: that's like going to a doctor that got sued for malpractice twice, an attorney who got disbarred twice, a teacher who...y'all get the point. More to the point, every female - I don't generalize much, but this one I'll roll with - has a male friend who has told them the same things over and over again.
9. When did it become cool to be a punk? I'm just saying: you've got dudes buying girls drinks and whatnot, you've got people running around on some "he did this, it's his fault" nonsense, you've got people whining like crazy but not doing anything to help themselves...just a lot of talkers and not enough doers, and it seems like things such as honesty, integrity, principle, and character went out with the S-curl and were replaced with contradiction, hypocrisy, [term used in Making The Band], and acting out of convenience.
10. Why is it that folk - including me, at times - aren't happy with what they've got? It's one thing to be goal-oriented and strive for something better, but it's another to completely disregard what one has and be thankful for that. Have a Chrysler 300 but want a Phantom (thanks, Katt Williams)? There could be a person with a Schwinn 15. As many people as there are out there that don't have - in one way or another - maybe it's a good idea to think about what one does have. If TI said it, how can it be wrong?
Happy Monday, all.
No comments:
Post a Comment