(The first "official" non-football note. I hadn't yet come up with the oh-so-catchy acronym featuring my first name, hence the generic title. Regarding the second-to-last item, the event in question occurred about a month earlier.)
So I write the football column (note, whatever) every week...but I have other thoughts too. I've decided to start a non-football...or at least predominantly non-football...column (note, whatever) every Friday. It'll just have random thoughts: no long essays or anything. Just whatever I come up with during the week that might actually be fit for print. I didn't start recording this initial set until Monday, so this will probably be abbreviated compared to what will normally be on here.
One more thing: these thoughts do not express the opinions of BGSA, FSU, NASW, COGS, or any other organization I am a part of or affiliated with. They're mine and mine alone. Disagreement is welcome, but expect a response. Without further ado.....
I bet Sarah Palin used to look good say, 20 years ago.
One more thing: these thoughts do not express the opinions of BGSA, FSU, NASW, COGS, or any other organization I am a part of or affiliated with. They're mine and mine alone. Disagreement is welcome, but expect a response. Without further ado.....
I bet Sarah Palin used to look good say, 20 years ago.
Why is it black folks support Barack Obama so overwhelmingly (many because he's black, let's be real about that part) but don't do the same in the aggregate sense when it comes to black businesses (and universities)?
FOX News wasn't as bad as it is now...I can't watch for 30 seconds without my head hurting: and if you think it's bad, watch Red Eye at 3 AM.
I hope Tyra Banks isn't really as dumb as she looked during Monday's (T.I.) show.
If you haven't seen the Freddie Mac clip from DL Hughley's show on CNN, go to YouTube. You're welcome.
I have established a new criterion for women that replaces the ban on UF.
Kwame in jail for four months...sadness.
Isiah Thomas...even more sadness: who does that to their daughter?
I've seen her first name spelled three different ways (Rachelle, Richelle, and Rochelle), but the anchor whose last name is Carey on Headline News has got to be the finest woman on television.
I haven't had this feeling since my last year in undergrad, but it's time for me to leave Tallahassee. Six and a half months to go.
I'm sorry, but the rappers are wrong: it is trickin' even if you've got it.
Even though SportsCenter is on 10-12 times a day, I can tell it's only meant to be watched once.
Pomp and circumstance (not the song, actual pomp and circumstance) are overrated. As Bleek said, "get in, get out: that's a OG's classic".
Yes, I still think about the breakup. Quite often. The feelings have been long gone, though. I do still try to make cognitive/logical sense of it, a trait that I've been told is my biggest fault.
Isn't Will Smith the perfect person to play Barack Obama (you know there will be a movie)? Skin tone, height, big ears...just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment