Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Introduction: Part II

Since this seems to be trending, I'll go in: 1) most of the stuff @ZodiacFacts says about Cancers is true for me.

2) I have more idiosyncrasies than one could ever imagine. Some of them will probably come up later.

3) I'm silly enough that I might actually try to come up with 100 of these. Consider that a timeline warning.

4) I am the living definition of a "visual" person: I notice visual inconsistencies a mile away.

5) I'm somewhat of a perfectionist: example, I'm the slightest bit upset with myself b/c I forgot to number the last one (ed. note: I didn’t number #4 on Twitter).


 

6) I have some of the most beautiful friends/follows/followers between here and FB: famous and otherwise.

7) My favorite sitcom of all time is The Jeffersons. I could watch that show all day.

8) My definition of beauty resembles Richelle Carey more than it does Rosa Acosta. Okay, my definition ~ Richelle Carey.

9) I'm a more open person than people give me credit for. My life is an open book for those who care to read it.

10) I can't remember the last time I was more in love with a woman than I was with the idea/status of being in love.

11) One of my best attributes it's my ability to learn from the mistakes of others. Keeps me out of 
trouble.

12) I'd take @MsKnz32 in a fight against most of my followers, including men. She's no pitbull in a skirt, but she can hit.

13) Sometimes I wonder what the world would've been like without me...not what it'd be like - y'all are stuck now.

14) I'm more of an extreme than people think: if you think I'm good, I'm better. If you think I'm bad, I'm worse.

15) I watch the news somewhat for the anchors: Tamron, Richelle, Natasha (Curry), Veronica (de la Cruz)...but I listen.

16) I've been known to watch HGTV every now and again, so my future wife won't be designing our house by herself.

17) My peoples @pcola_boy has a famous birthday buddy: David Otunga, aka J-Husband.

18) I'm stuck with Nicole Scherzinger. Same year and everything. Oh well: not everyone can have 
Otunga.

19) My Twitter handle is a metaphor for my life. Sometimes the voices say "hit the club". Sometimes they say "watch Joel Osteen".

20) That said, anyone who watches WWE knows where the handle comes from. It's an unusually clean double entendre.

21) I've never gone to NYC & it doesn't bother me a bit. Really, I could do without ever going to most northern US cities.

22) I recently got into giving blood, and now I'd do it all the time if I could. Organs, though, are another story.

23) I have more Jordan than anything else. Polo (as in Ralph Lauren) is second, and Banana Republic is third.

24) I have been a proud member of #TeamAndroid for almost 3 months, and neither RIM nor Apple has the juice to change that.

25) I am a huge Barry Bonds fan, and I obviously wish him well in his trial. Need the feds to have something better to do.

26) I never was a fan of Obama (I did vote for him), and I'm not now. If a better candidate ran in 2012, I'd vote for them.

27) I think Scarface should be re-classified as a comedy. That movie is hilarious. I think 
@MsKnz32 would agree.

28) I made a dancer at an "establishment" in Miami tap out last summer. That may be my crowning dance achievement.

29) I say 28 is true, even though I've danced on national TV more than once.

30) Speaking of TV, I was an anchor for FAMU 46 (now 20) while I was in undergrad. Never watched my tape, though.

31) No one person could write a biography about me. I've gone through enough shifts that it'd take at least four people.

32) I absolutely abhor domestic violence. Seriously: people can't roll with me if they do that. At all. Period.

33) I've won a school spelling bee four times (4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th grades). Also won the science fair in 2nd grade.

34) I also won a black history contest in 2nd grade, even though I didn't live in the city that held it (school was there).

35) Houston is one of my favorite cities, even though I haven't been there in quite a while.

36) I have a new celebrity crush. Her name is Cheryl Burke. Thank you, Dancing With The Stars.

37) I hate losing more than I love winning. Winning is an expectation, so the main feeling it provides is relief.

38) My life's soundtrack would be a tape: Kanye on one side, Maroon 5 on the other.

39) I've had a computer ever since I was 8. Not the same PC, of course, but I've always had one.

40) I usually go grocery shopping after the club on Saturdays.

41) No matter when I go to bed on Saturdays or what else is going on, I watch Joel almost every week (missed 4 in 2 yrs).

42) I think right now I'm the best person I've ever been, and I couldn't care less who, if anyone, disagrees.

 43) For varied reasons - none of them negative toward anyone - my breakups were 6 of the best things to ever happen to me.

44) I'm laughing at myself a bit for the below error. See, I'm not that bad of a perfectionist (ed. note: I accidentally numbered 43 as a second 42).

45) The closer I am to someone, the more I usually expect - because the closer I am to someone, the more I always give.

46) Example of my mind working: if I say there are varied reasons for something, I have percentages in my head.

47) The one period of time I'd relive over & over is exactly 2.5 years long: 8/19/00 - 2/19/03.

48) As much as I like sports, I have no favorite NFL or MLB team (NBA team: #Lakers...because my Godfather said so).

49) When I'm home, I like hitting telemarketers with the "it doesn't matter" line and then hanging up.

50) Ron "Tater Salad" White is my favorite comedian. I can't watch him and not laugh.

51) If it's longer than 20 pp my chances of reading it are low. Those of you who've seen me write, stop laughing.

52) I don't care how fine you are, I'm not chasing you. I wouldn't even chase Halle. Just not in my nature.

53) I'm a romantic sap at heart. Being with a woman who isn't would be a fate worse than death to me.

54) I wouldn't trade my parents for anything - or everything - in the world.

55) I hate being wet almost as much as I hate being cold...and everyone knows how much I hate being cold.

56) I firmly believe everything happens for a reason.

57) I'm a huge fan of logic and of principle. You won't see people around me who aren't fans of both.

58) My cousin stuck me with a pencil once when I was little. Silly me thought I was going to die of lead poisoning.

59) I know - and like - about 95% of my FB friends. I don't add people I don't know.

60) While I'm not vain, I care about how I look. If I look bummy in public, it's guaranteed that I'm sick.

61) When I really get going, I can do more in less time than anyone I know.

62) I love a good game of spades - especially if I have a partner who talks trash (which I usually do).

63) I like UConn b/c they were the 1st team I saw beat GT. Mom rooted for GT b/c JT was black, which wasn't right to me.

64) I flirted with conservatism in 10th grade. Then I saw how they really were and I'm now (correctly) a liberal for life.

65) I eat one thing at a time, usually in order from what I like least to what I like most.

66) Thanks to TuneIn Radio, I listen to South Florida stations more than Tally stations - especially on weekends.

67) I compete against myself far more than I could ever compete against anyone else.

68) I registered to vote in a mall in Daytona b/c the girl registering people was cute. Totally forgot until I got my card.

69) I like just about everything strawberry-related: ice cream, lemonade, the fruit (naturally), Snapple, milk...

70) I spend more time on the phone with @MsKnz32 than with everyone else combined. By a healthy margin.

71) I look at love like DL Hughley looks at God: I believe, but I don't think everyone who says they believe really does.

72) Even at my ripe old age, I'm still the (Foursquare) mayor of a club. That's part funny, part awful.

73) There's pretty much nothing I'd miss #WWERaw for. Nothing.

74) I'll surf sites like Wikipedia and IMDb for hours sometimes just to find out random/trivial information.

75) I'm an insomniac. I have no idea what it's like to sleep for seven (really, even six) hours in a row.

76) Surprise to many: I take my ballots seriously. It takes me over an hour to fill them out.

77) I'm allergic to eggs. I can eat things made with eggs, but eggs themselves? Nope.

78) I am a sucker (relatively speaking) for a woman with a pretty smile. Maryam Nemazee smiled this morning...(sigh).

79) I have naturally curly eyelashes. Many women I know can't stand them. Ah well.

80) I've been told I look exactly like both of my parents at different times. My parents look nothing alike.

81) Reading "An Economic Theory of Democracy" taught me a lot more about life than it did about politics.

82) I once got into an argument with a Jeb Bush staffer re: school vouchers...in front of my entire journalism colloquium.

83) I can't stand leaving things unfinished...that said, 17 more to go.

84) I used to always get applesauce when I went to Red Lobster - even as an adult. I'm mad they don't serve it anymore.

85) I've had two Valentines more often than I've had one. Only times I've had one have been when I was in a relationship.

86) Most movies that I've liked after 2000 have involved either superheroes or Tyler Perry.

87) My favorite Shakespearean play - by far - is Hamlet.

88) I had a chance to be in Luda's "Move" video but passed due to a time conflict. 

89) Once when I was in 7th grade, I couldn't sleep over at a friend's house because his grandmother was racist.

90) The last time someone other than me cut my hair was 2004.

91) The highest speed I've ever reached driving a car is 140 MPH.

92) Don't think I've said this yet, but I love FAMU.

93) I can eat a lot more than people think.

94) There are three women I'd marry without hesitation. None of them are famous.

95) Time is much more important to me than money. Actually, money isn't that important to me (outside of being necessary).

96) My mom and I got close when she let me stay up past my bedtime to watch the NCAA tournament when I was little.

97) I got a new girlfriend the same day UConn won its 1st title. It'd have been the best day ever if we eventually married.

98) The first CD I ever bought was the Fu Schnickens' debut album. La Schmoove was that funk.

99) I would rather listen to paint dry than listen to Michael Baisden. My ears have an allergy to pandering.

100) I was in an accident that saw my car go through a telephone pole. Pole split in two. I'm still here. There's a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment