1. How important is it to you what other people think of your car?
46% I don't really care what people think of my car.
37% I am aware of how people perceive my car and don't want to be embarrassed by it.
17% I value how people perceive my car and want them to be impressed by it.
Just saying: I want it to be clean and presentable, but I’m not going out of my way to make it some magnet or whatever.
2. If you were filthy rich and single, what kind of car would you buy?
46% Sports car.
22% Luxury sedan.
8% SUV.
8% Motorcycle.
7% Convertible.
6% Truck.
3% Hybrid.
Something along the lines of one of Alberto del Rio’s (rented) cars.
3. Besides daily basic hygiene, which of the following best describes your personal approach to grooming?
49% A regular haircut and additional skin care.
36% A regular haircut.
11% None of these.
4% A regular haircut, additional skin care and the occasional manicure and/or pedicure.
Got to take care of the skin.
4. Do you think the kind of drink you order reflects your masculinity?
51% Yes.
49% No.
I don’t drink. What’d you think I was going to say?
5. What is the ultimate man's drink?
35% A beer.
28% Whisky.
27% Scotch.
7% Whatever Don Draper from Mad Men is drinking.
3% Martini.
Whichever one’s the strongest, I guess. Why do I not know which? See above. Actually, I’m from the south. I’ve heard about moonshine.
6. How many pairs of shoes do you own (including all types: running shoes, dress shoes, etc.)?
46% 4 to 6.
21% 7 to 9.
19% 1 to 3.
14% 10 or more.
I don’t see how 1 in 5 men can only have 1-3 pairs of shoes.
7. How many suits do you own?
68% 1 to 3.
16% None.
12% 4 to 6.
3% 7 to 9.
1% 10 or more.
These men need to step their collective game up.
8. Of the choices listed below, which fashion/grooming experience should every man have at least once in his life?
60% Being fitted for a tailored suit.
14% Having a barbershop shave.
14% I wouldn't know.
10% Having a full body treatment/massage at a spa.
2% Having an old-school shoe shine.
I had a facial which turned into a bit of a massage. That beat the other two on this list that I’ve experienced (if you know me, you know which one I haven’t), so I can imagine what the full is.
9. How do you usually shop for clothes online?
55% I don't buy clothes online.
35% Through whoever is selling what I'm looking for.
8% Through specialized retailers like Zappos.
2% Through newsletter-based retailers like Gilt.
Don’t really have time to try new sites. Same-as-store is the truth.
10. Which of the following is most important to you when buying new clothes?
66% Style. I want them to fit what I consider to be my style.
19% Comfort. I go for what feels comfortable.
6% Price. I buy the cheapest garments or look for the best value.
5% Uniqueness. I want to be the only one wearing them.
4% Trendiness. I want them to reflect current trends.
I look for the best value…and always find it. Everything else falls in line.
11. In your opinion, of the choices below, which country has the best-dressed men?
38% Italy.
21% UK.
12% U.S.
12% France.
6% Australia.
4% Spain.
4% Japan.
3% Germany.
0% Brazil.
Don’t the suits alone win this for the Italians?
12. Are you consuming more or less fast food than you did a year ago?
29% A lot less.
28% A little less.
26% About the same.
12% A little more.
5% A lot more.
I don’t consume a lot anyway, so this one doesn’t matter a whole lot.
13. Who would win in a cooking competition between you and your partner?
53% I am single.
27% I would win.
20% She would win.
Only had one who could really throw down anyway.
14. Which of the following body parts do you think women appreciate the most in men?
38% Abs.
25% Arms.
24% Chest.
12% Butt.
1% Legs.
Really, this is just a guess.
15. Which of the following best describes why you work out?
36% To feel good.
31% To stay healthy.
16% To attract women.
13% I don't work out.
4% Because I'm addicted.
Never said it works.
16. Do real men cry?
36% Yes, but only in response to tragedies like the death of a loved one.
31% Yes, real men aren't afraid to show their emotions.
29% Yes, just not publicly.
4% No, never.
I will say this until I’m blue in the face. No real man I know cares enough about what anyone else thinks to alter his actions for them.
17. Of the choices listed below, what is the most important factor when considering a new job?
44% The potential for career growth.
21% The salary.
18% The work environment.
13% The stability/security.
2% The location.
2% The company's reputation.
This will likely matter less as you move up.
18. Are moral standards on the decline in business?
60% Yes, I miss the days when someone's word and a handshake meant something.
24% No, this is a false perception. Moral standards are the same as they've always been.
13% Yes, but I don't mind, as it's made business more efficient.
3% No, moral standards in business have improved.
Forget business: I miss that in life.
19. Have you ever betrayed your own sense of ethics for business?
36% No, and I never would -- my ethics come first.
23% No, my job would never put me in a position where I'd have to.
22% No, but I am open to the idea that I may one day have to.
11% Yes, and I regret doing so.
8% Yes, and I'd do so again.
This is why I would never work for a Republican: at least not in politics.
20. Do you feel that you have ever been sexually harassed in the workplace?
78% No.
18% Yes, but it didn't bother me.
3% Yes, I was bothered, but I didn't do anything about it.
1% Yes, I was bothered and did something about it.
Seriously?
21. Do women put too much value on a man's financial worth?
52% Yes, but men put a lot of value on women's looks, so it balances out.
23% Yes, and it bothers me that women are so shallow.
21% No.
4% Yes, but it works to my advantage.
Women can like what they want. Doesn’t mean I have to cater to it.
22. Of the choices listed below, which one workplace achievement gives you the greatest satisfaction?
58% Completing a challenging project.
31% Being publicly applauded for a job well done.
7% A flirting session with the secretary.
3% Humiliating a colleague by publicly defeating him in an argument.
1% Winning a cross-board stare-down.
This is pretty much by default.
23. If you could get away with it, would you punch your boss in the face?
69% No.
31% Yes.
Who wrote this question: Stone Cold Steve Austin? Circa 1997?
24. If you could get away with it, would you punch a colleague in the face?
52% No.
48% Yes.
What would I want to do that for?
25. Do you have a financial plan for retirement?
35% No, I have not thought about retirement yet.
26% Yes, I have a plan and am actively saving money for retirement.
25% No, but I will probably make a plan in the near future.
14% Yes, I have a plan, but I am not ready to start saving money.
Coming soon, though.
26. How much money would you require to retire comfortably?
24% A lump sum of $1 million.
22% A lump sum of $2 million.
19% A lump sum of $500,000.
16% A lump sum of $5 million.
14% A lump sum of $10 million.
5% A lump sum of $100,000.
I’d have said $2MM before, but with inflation and the way the economy is I’ll roll with five. All I really want is a nice house.
27. How many credit cards do you own?
38% 1.
38% None.
16% 2.
6% 3.
2% 4.
0% 5 or more.
How many does a man need?
28. If you committed a major mistake at work that cost your company time and money, which of the following would you be most likely to do?
60% Fess up and try and fix the problem.
35% Keep it quiet and try to fix the problem before anyone notices.
2% Justify the mistake with an excuse.
2% Keep it quiet and hope it goes unnoticed.
1% Blame someone else.
As the NCAA has proven, the crime is in the cover-up (or otherwise not being straight about it).
29. If a colleague committed a major mistake at work that cost your company time and money, which of the following would you be most likely to do?
41% Keep it quiet and help him fix it before anyone notices.
41% Encourage him to take ownership of the mistake.
13% Keep it quiet and let him fix it himself.
5% Tell the boss in order to ensure the problem is fixed.
0% Tell the boss in order to make you look good by comparison.
All about the team.
30. Imagine a hypothetical situation in which you have been offered a significant promotion and pay raise, but it would come at the cost of some of your direct reports' jobs. What do you do?
56% Screw them; take the promotion and pay raise.
44% Don't take the promotion and pay raise; let them keep their livelihood.
Just not my style. Life’s about more than money.
31. Of the choices listed below, what is the ultimate male status symbol?
37% A family.
29% A high-profile career.
23% A beautiful wife or girlfriend.
7% A beautiful house.
3% A beautiful car.
1% A membership to an exclusive club (like a country club).
All that other stuff is somewhat flashy.
32. Of the choices listed below, what is the ultimate symbol of social status online?
79% The quality of your friends or followers.
15% The quantity of friends or followers.
3% Points or rewards accumulated.
2% Time spent on social networks.
1% Badges earned.
The best thing about social networking (FB in particular) is that it allows me to keep up with people from high school and earlier.
33. Do you have a bucket list/a list of things to do before you die?
42% No, but I would like to make one.
31% Yes.
27% No, that type of thing isn't for me.
To borrow a line from another movie, “I just…do…things”.
No comments:
Post a Comment