Wednesday, July 27, 2011

AskMen - Post I

Ran across the AskMen survey last night. After a lot of formatting, I put in my own responses and...y'all know the drill by now. I should also note the history, as this is the first post on here that didn't go on FB first. You'll see why when you get to the questions...and add them to the fact that both my parents are FB friends. This is why Google+ needs to take off...speaking of, I'm on there. Let me know if you are too or would like an invite. Okay, back to business. This is the first of three such posts. The second will be out tomorrow, the last on Monday. There's also some interesting stuff in terms of the individual regions that answered the questions (US, Canada, UK, Australia). I'm trying to get a female friend of mine to do the same thing with the Cosmopolitan survey of the same vein (although I'd also take volunteers for that). Enough talk. Time 4 sum aksion (shout out to Redman).




1. Of the four choices listed below, which is the most important personality trait for deciding if a woman is "relationship material"?

34%                A sense of loyalty.
25%                 A sense of humor.
22%                 A sense of caring/nurturing.
19%                 Intelligence.

For me, loyalty encompasses being caring and nurturing…which helped me choose between those two.

2. Do you believe in the institution of marriage?

66%                Yes, I believe it is a necessary institution and one in which I will participate to help preserve.
20%                 Yes, I believe in it as an institution, but it is not for me.
14%                 No, I do not believe in it.

For all the [stuff] I talk, this is still the most accurate answer.

3. Is it important for a girlfriend to have "wife potential"?

48%                 Somewhat, though I won't break up with her if I realize that she isn't a potential wife.
30%                Yes, I won't bother pursuing a woman who isn't a potential wife.
22%                 No, not at all. I don't look that far ahead in my relationships.

When I was younger I’d have chosen the first one, but not now.

4. How important is it to you that your wife/future wife signs a prenup?

35%                 Not very important.
33%                Not at all important.
24%                 Somewhat important.
8%                   Very important.

If this is even a consideration, why?

5. If there were no chance of your partner finding out, how likely would you be to cheat?

36%                Not at all likely. I might be tempted, but cheating violates my morals.
36%                 Not very likely. I might be tempted, but I love and respect her too much.
19%                 Somewhat likely. But I would feel guilty, nonetheless.
7%                   Very likely. She can't be hurt if she doesn't know about it.
2%                   I already cheat on her.

That’s just not the business at all.

6. Do men get screwed by the courts in divorce?

79%                Yes.
20%                 No, men and women generally get fair and equal treatment.
1%                   No, if anything, women are the ones who get screwed by the courts.

So one out of five men is an utter fool.

7. Of the choices listed below, which one thing would you change about your partner?

46%                I am single.
15%                 Her attitude/moodiness.
14%                 I wouldn't change anything.
11%                 Her sexual appetite.
5%                   Her looks.
4%                   Her nagging.
3%                   Her domestic skills.
2%                   Her intelligence.

I can’t even do a “for the sake of argument” thing. Ah well.

8. Would you dump a girlfriend if she became fat?

53%                 No.
47%                Yes.

Now before y’all go to biting my head off…I dated a girl who wasn’t small. She was her size already, and that’s different. If a woman and I start dating and she then upped her size (and there was no medical issue to speak of), then I’d look at it as an effort issue and roll. It’s not the size, it’s the story behind it.

9. How many dates should a man pay for?

44%                The majority of them until the relationship is established.
22%                 No more than the woman does.
21%                 The majority of them for the duration of the relationship.
13%                 All of them.
0%                   None. The woman should pay for them all.

Code pretty much sets the rules on this.

10. Have you ever read your partner's Facebook messages, email or other electronic correspondence?

36%                 No, I respect her privacy.
31%                 Yes, but only with her knowledge.
15%                 No, but I would if I suspected she was up to something.
12%                Yes, but only because it was open on her desktop.
6%                   Yes, I broke into her email or messaging account.

Once, and never again. Surveillance isn’t my thing. I felt like I had reason (and found out it was justified), but still. I’d just as soon let someone go if I got that feeling again.

11. If you had the ability to, would you track your partner's physical movement (with a GPS implant, for example)?

84%                No.
8%                   Yes, but only if she didn't know about it.
6%                   Yes, but only if she agreed to it.
2%                   Yes, absolutely.

See above.

12. Are you comfortable with a partner "friending" her exes on Facebook?

44%                 Yes, absolutely.
29%                No.
27%                 Yes, but only if I have met him before.

When my answer is between two answers, I’m going to take the “most extreme” response and explain it. For me, it depends on the woman. I was fine with one ex going out with one of her exes. Another one, not so much. It all depends on the trust she’s inspired me to have in her.

13. Do you know anyone who has set up a secret Facebook account to conceal a relationship from his girlfriend/wife?

86%                 No.
13%                Yes.
1%                   I have done so myself.

Oh, do I ever…well, not a Facebook account…but do I ever.

14. Do you know anyone who has used the internet to facilitate cheating (whether through email, Facebook or infidelity services like AshleyMadison.com)?

67%                 No.
33%                Yes.

Wait wait wait, hold up: there’s a such thing as an infidelity service? I should sign up and lie about having a girlfriend. What can the women say to me: that I’m dishonest? Should know my character’s questionable simply by my signing up. Just saying.

15. Have you ever met a woman online?

37%                 No, I don't use the internet to get dates.
29%                 No, but I wouldn't rule out the internet as a way to meet women.
13%                Yes, and we went on to have a relationship.
11%                 Yes, but we kept it casual.
10%                 Yes, we went on to meet in person, but nothing came of it.

All of the last three, actually.

16. Would you be in a relationship with a woman who has a higher income than you?

85%                 Yes, it wouldn't bother me.
8%                   I already am.
7%                  No, I wouldn't be comfortable.

Actually, my level of comfort would depend on two things: how much more she makes, and more importantly; how she makes me feel about it. If she tries to ‘big dog’ me, then it’s just not going to work.

17. How often do you make an effort to be romantic?

54%                 Somewhat often.
23%                Very often.
21%                 Not very often.
2%                   Never.

Anyone who’s ever known my relationship habits knows this.

18. Of the choices listed below, what best motivates you to be romantic?

73%                Feeling close to my partner.
18%                 The possibility of sex.
6%                   I'm not a romantic man.
2%                   It's a good way to apologize.
1%                   Needing a personal favor.

See above.

19. Do your current/past partners recognize your efforts to be romantic?

74%                Yes.
26%                 No.

As my exes would tell you, it’s kind-of hard not to.

20. How often does your partner make an effort to be romantic?

35%                I am single.
29%                 Somewhat often.
25%                 Not very often.
8%                   Very often.
3%                   Never.

Good thing I am, because if I had to answer this question…

21. How satisfied are you with your sex life?

39%                 Somewhat satisfied. There is room for improvement.
25%                I have no sex life.
20%                 Not at all satisfied, because of the quantity of sex.
12%                 Completely satisfied. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
4%                   Not at all satisfied, because of the quality of sex.

And I am cool with this. I don’t feel like going through all the [nonsense] it takes to have one, so I’ll sit my happy [behind] on the sidelines.

22. Have you ever lied about the number of sex partners you've had?

51%                No, never.
21%                 Yes, because it's no one's business but my own.
16%                 Yes, to protect my ego.
12%                 Yes, to protect a partner's feelings.

What man would? I guess it’s possible if it’s really high, but…whatever.

23. In your opinion, how often do couples with healthy sex lives have sex?

78%                Multiple times a week.
11%                 Once a week.
11%                 Every day.
1%                   Once a month.
-1%                  Less than once a month.

Now if ‘healthy’ were ‘ideal’, it’d clearly be #3.

24. Have you ever insincerely told a woman you love her in order to get sex?

63%                No, and I never would.
21%                 No, but I would consider it.
10%                 Yes, but I would not do it again.
6%                   Yes, and I would continue to do so.

That’s how your property gets (or you get) damaged.

25. Have you ever fantasized about a partner's friend?

37%                 Yes, I have in the past, but I try to avoid it now.
28%                 Yes, I fantasize about her friends regularly.
24%                No, I have no interest in any of her friends.
11%                 No, but I have to restrain myself from doing so.

Honestly, none of my exes’ friends have ever looked good enough for me to have those thoughts.

26. Of the choices below, which sexual act do you most fantasize about engaging in with your partner?

37%                 A threesome.
23%                None of these.
18%                 Anal sex.
14%                 Sex in public.
8%                   Filming ourselves having sex.

Of the others, I’ve done two and don’t really have much interest in the other two. I’ll leave everything else off the page, including the particular answer to the question.

27. Would you be willing to tell your partner that you want to engage in this fantasy together?

68%                Yes.
18%                 No, I would be scared that she wouldn't be into it.
14%                 No, I would be scared that she'd think I was a pervert.

What’s the worst that could happen if I tell her?

28. If a male birth-control pill were available, would you take it?

69%                 Yes.
31%                No.

It’d depend on the side effects, but I doubt it.

29. Can you tell if a woman is faking an orgasm?

55%                 I think so.
23%                Yes.
22%                 No.

Given my response to an earlier question, I’d say ‘not now’. Actually, there’s always a way to tell.

30. Would you be offended if a woman faked an orgasm during intercourse with you?

51%                 Yes, I would be offended that I wasn't able to pleasure her.
30%                Yes, I would be offended that she was deceiving me.
19%                 No.

If you lie to me about small things, you will lie to me about big things.

31. Have you ever faked an orgasm during intercourse?

70%                 No.
16%                Yes, on more than one occasion.
14%                 Yes, but only once.

It amazes me to no end that so many women don’t believe this can happen.

32. Is it ever OK to pay for sex?

40%                 No.
28%                Yes, but only for a crazy sexual experience that wouldn't present itself otherwise.
19%                 Yes, but only as a last resort.
13%                 Yes, it is always OK.

I’m a lot more liberal on this than I used to be, and will likely never come across a situation in which I would partake…but if someone else wanted to, I’d understand.

33. Would you change your penis size if you could?

50%                No.
31%                 Yes, I would make it bigger to feel better about myself.
19%                 Yes, I would make it bigger to satisfy a partner.
0%                   Yes, I would make it smaller.

No further public comment.

34. Have you ever had sex with a coworker?

56%                 No, but I would if the opportunity arose.
17%                No, it's against my morals.
16%                 Yes, once.
11%                 Yes, with multiple coworkers on multiple occasions.

Now, people I work with presently after I go somewhere else? Different question altogether.

35. At what point does a woman become sexually promiscuous?

34%                 When she sleeps with her 10th sex partner.
32%                 When she sleeps with her 20th sex partner.
16%                Never.
15%                 When she sleeps with her 50th sex partner.
3%                   When she sleeps with her 100th sex partner.

I’d have probably chosen option 4 in a former life, but as long as she’s healthy it doesn’t really matter.

36. At what age do women start losing their looks?

40%                 40.
23%                50.
16%                 30.
15%                 Never.
7%                   60.
1%                   20.
-2%                  18.

Forty percent of men are plum fools. I can probably name more fine women in their 40s than I can fine women in their 30s. One percent may be talking to Chris Hansen in the future.

37. How did you last break up with someone?

55%                In person.
22%                 None of these.
13%                 Phone call.
8%                   Text message.
2%                   Facebook message.
0%                   Facebook status change.

There’s only one way to ever do that.

38. Would you ever date someone in your office?

45%                Never. It's a terrible idea.
27%                 Yes, but only if he/she was in a lower-level position than I am.
16%                 I have, and we're still friends.
9%                   I have, and it ended badly.
3%                   I still am.

You’re just asking for trouble…especially if you work in certain professions.

39. Would you date a woman with children?

50%                No, I wouldn't be comfortable.
47%                 Yes, it wouldn't bother me.
3%                   Yes, I already am.

Really, it depends on the woman. I dated one woman with children and it was fine. Dated one without children (who took care of some family members as if they were her children) and it was awful.

3 comments:

  1. I'm on Google+, would you be in my circle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you put me into one, sure...I just found you, so that should make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this, it gives us great insight about you.

    ReplyDelete