Friday, June 7, 2013

20Fine: Part VI (5-1)

This is it...


5. Lolo Jones (Track)

That longstanding thought I referred to in the intro that was debunked? It was that Skylar Diggins is the best-looking athlete. Lolo Jones is simply amazing. I can’t even remember when it really hit me, but I think it was after the Olympics. By the way, her so-called teammates should have been ashamed of themselves for bringing that negativity in her direction…and let’s not even get into how some people in the public like to say mean things about her. I’d protect her from all of y’all and your petty words.


4. Scarlett Johansson (Movies)

When I tell you I forgot everything else that I saw in Iron Man 2 and still called it a very good movie…look, Scarlett Johansson was all I needed to see. I now remember Mickey Rourke having the tentacles or whatever and Robert Downey giving his usual Iron Man self-performance (probably his best of the three) and Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard, but she was the main takeaway from IM2. Would’ve been for Avengers too if not for the Captain America/Iron Man conflict.


3. Lisa Salters (ESPN)

If you know me, you know how the list goes from this point on. There is just no earthly way that anyone can say that Lisa Salters is not where it’s at. Matter of fact, I think Lisa Salters may balance the line between being universally liked, absolutely adored, and professionally respected better than anyone in America (her only competition in black America is FLOTUS). Those social media messages go up fast and they are furious when she’s on, as well they should be. She’s earned that right.


2. Halle Berry (Movies)

Yeah, she’s still up there. “But she’s old”…Lisa Salters is older than she is. Outside that, please point out to me where she has fallen off. I know some of y’all don’t like her as Storm. I know some of y’all think she’s crazy. I know some of y’all think she makes bad relationship decisions. As sure as I am that I’m typing this, I’d just have to go ahead and risk all that. She has a song named after her, for crying out loud. She’s been fine for over twenty years, and that train is showing no signs of stopping.


1. Richelle Carey (HLN)

She may well be perfect. Her spot on the countdown was the only one I knew before I started. No one was getting above her, and no one will for a long time. I’ve told the story about how it took four minutes for me to get my breath back after the first time she spoke to me on Twitter. Still have the email notifications. She’s probably the only person I could ever be nervous about meeting. Met Magic Johnson, didn’t skip a beat. I’m pretty sure I’d be cool if I met the president. I could even handle meeting anyone else on this list. Her? I know I wouldn’t do anything crazy because I’d be so paralyzed that I wouldn’t do anything at all. I mean, seriously: it’s Richelle Carey…the absolutely beautiful Richelle Carey.

No comments:

Post a Comment