Finally back...went home for the holidays, which threw off my schedule as I usually write at work. Anyway, let's get to it: this one is about five women whose presence in my life - whether past or present - I really appreciate. I'm not related to them, and I've never dated any of them (nor will I). Not going to name them or disclose any info about how I know them, as a couple of them might be embarrassed - although they may figure out who they are upon reading.
---
I'm thoroughly convinced one of them doesn't know how great she is. Don't get me wrong: she knows she's great. She'd admit it if she absolutely had to. I think, though; if someone sat her down - and no, I'm not volunteering - and just went through her accomplishments, achievements, and attributes one by one...she'd probably be surprised at the realization of all the parts that make up a wonderful sum.
One of them, I'm pretty sure she knows...she won't tell you she knows, but she does. She doesn't say how great she is, but that's because she's too busy showing people. Whoever misses it, that's on them. She's consistent, but not boring. She's fun, but not silly. She's direct, but not confrontational. One of the best things about her greatness? The fact that she's so good at handling it.
One of them is definitely smart, driven, focused...but she's here because she's quite possibly the sweetest and most positive person I'll ever meet in life. If you ever have a conversation with her and don't leave with a smile, you need to re-evaluate some things. She's that ray of sunshine that never goes out. The world needs more people like her, but there could be a million and she'd still be special.
One is just amazing, in every sense of the word. How someone can be so "eclectically mesmerizing" is beyond me. She's actually a lot like one of the other women in here, but is different enough that she stands completely on her own. She's also different enough from me in that she's challenged me in a unique way and helped me find the best of myself - something for which I will be forever grateful.
One is simply a joy to be around. There isn't a positive adjective in the English language that doesn't apply to her. Much as I like the other four, she's probably the most personable - and probably puts a smile on my face first, ceteris paribus. She also has that 'je ne sais quoi' - I can't really say why she's in here as easily as I can with the others, I just know that she's here - and should be.
---
One of the strange things I've noticed while writing this is that the descriptions are so interchangeable. Any of them could describe any of the women mentioned, at least loosely. None of them would ever be confused for each other (for a myriad of reasons), but they are all truly special people - and I feel honored that I know them all.
My first thought was how cool it is that you had five women that you could describe positively(and not be related to).
ReplyDeleteMy second thought was jealousy as I reflected on how negatively I speak of women. Something to aspire to become.
Finally, the special nature of your descriptions was refreshing. Great way to start of the new year. Good for you, bro.
Hopefully you really enjoyed your time with your family. I think it's far easier for people to describe other people, than themselves. It's also rather easy for us to sit down and discuss our faults, but never the good things about ourselves.........why is that?!?
ReplyDelete