Was answering a bunch of questions on Twitter
(@OigoLasVoces, if anyone out there cares but doesn’t already know) and one was
particularly interesting.
You can probably tell what it was – well, you’d be pretty
close – by the title (question was whether you would date you). Of course I’d
date me…as the title also indicated. Why?
1. I’m smart.
I don’t mean “book smart”, although that’s true. I’d
classify this more in terms of being observant, learning from the experiences
of others, living life efficiently…that kind of thing. Figuring out this world
is a process: one I think I’ve done a pretty good job of undergoing so far. Oh
yeah: and my eclectic nature allows me to hold a conversation about almost
anything.
2. I’m funny.
[Forget] what you heard. I’m downright hilarious. No one can
tell you that I am anything less than quick of wit. Shoot, y’all have seen bits
and pieces of it here. I’m not saying I’ll win the next season of Last Comic
Standing or anything like that, but I do alright for myself on the comedy meter
(mostly situational comedy).
3. I look good.
I don’t need to say anything about this: y’all see the
picture.
Told y’all I could be funny.
4. I’m 100% me 100% of the time.
Now this one’s a bit complicated, as I feel I’m two
different people in the same body (mentioned this in a previous entry, but
can’t remember which one). May get slightly confusing here, but I’m going to
talk about “both”…in third person. Just seems easier.
Both are 100% genuine: you’re going to get nothing less than
the full B. Brown from either. Both are too proud and self-confident to give
anything else. Early life prepared them both in many ways, from being only
children to being insulted regularly (not in any debilitating way: what one
caught, the other gave back) to the self-discovery process. Succinctly put:
both think they’re worth telling the truth about, and neither thinks anyone
else is worth lying for.
---
I think those are basically the qualities I’d want in
someone – at least the ones I’m going to write about in public – so of course
I’d marry me (well, a female version).
Hmm. I, like you, think I have a litany of admirable qualities. That joke cracked me up(you know, the one about being good looking). You get what I'm saying there. Anyway, yeah...I want somebody who isn't me...just not weak; duplicitous or shallow.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely helps to start with the core attributes and these are things I look for.
ReplyDeleteI'd marry/date me too. I'd be a fool not to! lol...Good post.
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm, to be honest, I don't think I'd marry me.
ReplyDelete