(Ed. note: yes, it's late. I don't care. Most of it was written the day before my birthday. Anyway, makes no sense for all this to sit in the "drafts" section after I typed it.)
Decided to publish a birthday wish list on here. I know I'm too old and that people aren't going to buy me stuff. This list takes both of those things into account. Want to see how? Keep reading...
1. Watch 'Pay It Forward' - it'll put you in the right frame of mind for everything else.
2A. Donate blood - I shouldn't have to explain this one, especially not to anyone in my family.
2B. Donate plasma - if you'd rather get paid, you can go this route.
3. Give a stranger a compliment - you could provide them with some hope or happiness that they may really need.
4. Smile - yes, just smile.
5. Call (text, IM, message, tweet, whatever) someone you haven't talked to in a while - let people know that you're still alive...and at least somewhat care that they are too.
6. Drink water - it does as good a job on the inside of our bodies as it does everywhere else in the world.
7. Take some time to think - no, it doesn't matter what you think about. Thought provides clarity.
8. Laugh - I know, I've now run 2/3 of the recommendations from Jim Valvano's 1993 ESPY speech. They were good.
9. Write a letter...by hand. After the imminent disgust at how bad your handwriting has likely gotten, you may find it interesting. What will/would you write? Who would you address and/or send it to? Maybe you just leave it in an envelope or plain throw it away. The process, though, is a lost art. Can't hurt to find it.
---
I had this in, left it out, and now it's back.
1. Crazy Train instrumental (Ozzy Osbourne) - it was running through my mind all weekend whenever I thought about the week.
2. It's A Party (Waka Flocka Flame) - shouldn't this be obvious?
3. Red Bottoms (Trina) - leave it to Collipark to give Trina her first hot song in years.
4. Cat Daddy (The Rej3ctz) - so the dance has a lot to do with it...so does the beat. Stop with the looks: y'all know me better than to be surprised.
5. Roman's Revenge 2.0 (Nicki Minaj f/ Lil Wayne) - I feel slightly embarrassed to have a Nicki song on here. Sigh.
6. Danza Kuduro remix (Don Omar f/ Pitbull) - if you're in South Florida, you understand.
7. Bounce Dat (Alyric) - I never thought this song would be as popular as it is down here, but it is.
8. Make It Rain (Travis Porter) - say what you want about me liking this song. It's too funny not to like with Alvin Seville on the hook.
9. Bring It Back (Travis Porter) - the hook just makes this song. Crash dummy, though? Really?
10. Racks (YG f/ Future) - most of my Atlanta people are sick of this song. I probably would be too if I lived there...but I don't.
11. I'm So Out Yo League (F.L.Y.) - I'll be utterly shocked if I hear this song down here....happily shocked, but shocked.
12. Welcome To My Hood remix (DJ Khaled f/ a bunch of folk Ludacris, T-Pain, Busta Rhymes, Mavado, Twista, Birdman, Ace Hood, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Waka Flocka Flame) - it's not on here because of the East Coast rappers, I'll say that much.
13. I'm On One (DJ Khaled f/ Drake, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne) - "all I care about is money and the city that I'm from..."
14. Hustle Hard remix (Ace Hood f/ Rick Ross, Lil Wayne) - oh, come on: Broward County was going to find its way on here somehow.
15. Rollin remix (Gunplay f/ Rick Ross, Waka Flocka Flame) - Rollin! They should have gotten Fred Durst on a guest appearance. He's not doing anything, I don't think. Wait, they just released something new? Nevermind.
16. MC Hammer (Rick Ross f/ Gucci Mane) - this might be the best song Lex Luger (not the wrestler) ever produces.
17. John (Lil Wayne, Rick Ross) - I'm not a star? Somebody lied.
18. Motivation (Kelly Rowland f/ Lil Wayne) - yeah, you have to be in a mood for this one and/or be in the right situation.
19. Far Away (Marsha Ambrosius) - curveball, huh?
---
I have to thank all my peoples once again who made this birthday week the best ever: from my parents (who never got mad about what time I came home) to my family and friends who hung out with me and sent well wishes.
Happy Belated Birthday to you! I think I can grant a few of those birthday wishes =)
ReplyDeleteI think you can, and I thank you in advance. :)
ReplyDelete