Shoot, why not...
East 1st Round
(1) Miami Heat vs. (8) Milwaukee Bucks
Biggest question is whether the Bucks get a game. I say they don't. (Heat in 4)
(4) Brooklyn Nets vs. (5) Chicago Bulls
One of the two series in which injuries will likely affect who wins. I think the Bulls have too much missing. If Joakim Noah can make an impact, the Bulls have a chance. (Nets in 6)
(2) New York Knicks vs. (7) Boston Celtics
Okay, make that three series. It's funny how the Celtics have made moves the last few years to turn themselves away from being the type of team that could beat the Knicks. (Knicks in 6)
(3) Indiana Pacers vs. (6) Atlanta Hawks
I actually think this should be over rather quickly. Maybe I'm underselling the Hawks. Oh well. (Pacers in 5)
West 1st Round
(1) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (8) Houston Rockets
This will be a fun series to watch: high-scoring and all that. Entertainment value will make up for lack of large-scale suspense. (Thunder in 5)
(4) Los Angeles Clippers vs. (5) Memphis Grizzlies
Even though their records were the same...I think...the Clippers have just looked so much better than the Grizzlies. I don't think the Grizzlies are locking down Chris Paul. (Clippers in 6)
(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers
If 24 were healthy, I'd pick the Lakers. Alas, the lack of everything Bean brings - leadership, toughness, will to win, and most importantly: talent - will doom them. (Spurs in 5)
(3) Denver Nuggets vs. (6) Golden State Warriors
What a golden matchup (bad joke sound)...it will be a decent series, and almost no one will watch. You know what Stephen Curry would have to do to get the Warriors to the second round, though? Exactly. (Nuggets in 6)
East 2nd Round
(1) Miami Heat vs. (4) Brooklyn Nets
There's no reason whatsoever that this series should see a sixth game. (Heat in 5)
(2) New York Knicks vs. (3) Indiana Pacers
We'll see how valuable Kenyon Martin is in this series. He's the type who may stand up to the Pacers' style of play. The Knicks have too much offensive talent to lose here anyway, though. (Knicks in 6)
West 2nd Round
(1) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (4) Los Angeles Clippers
I see a slight surprise in this series...no, I'm not picking the Clippers to win. I think it ends fairly quickly. (Thunder in 5)
(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (3) Denver Nuggets
I really want to pick Denver. They have a deep rotation, they're awesome at home, the Spurs haven't looked good lately...shoot, I'm picking Denver. (Nuggets in 7)
East Finals
(1) Miami Heat vs. (2) New York Knicks
This is where the "NBA Conspiracy" stuff kicks in. This series will go six games, even though it shouldn't take longer than five. (Heat in 6)
(1) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (3) Denver Nuggets
If the Nuggets had a little more talent, I'd roll with them here too. It is what it is, though. (Thunder in 6)
NBA Finals
Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
Before anyone says anything, when was the last time you saw the seedings listed for the finals? Alright, then. It'll go six for the networks...and so the Heat can win it at home. It shouldn't. The Heat are better. The Thunder aren't as good. The Heat won in five last year. (Heat in 6)
Yup: another title for hometown. Haters can start getting mad now. The Heat will likely win next year's title as well. After 2014, though? Things could get interesting...but that's a long time from now.
The Heat are pretty tough.
ReplyDeleteYeah, they are. They haven't even played all that well and they dispatched the Bucks pretty easily. They may not turn up until the conference finals, which will be just in time.
Delete